This blog is all about Art, Paintings, Portraits, Sculpture, Etchings, Watercolors, Drawings and Art Classes.



Andrew Lewandowski


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



This is a painting by Andrew Lewandowski entitled "Crazy World". It is acrylic and paint pen on canvas. Andrew is from St. Louis, Missouri. His work can be viewed at Outsider Info and
La Passerelle. He has been represented by Ghost Dog Gallery and Art Mango Gallery. He was a participant in the London Raw Arts Festival in 2004.

According to his biography
he is presently a chaplain for the Franciscan Sisters of Mary in
St. Louis.

Says Andrew:
I remember getting into trouble with my folks when I was nine because I found the refrigerator rather boring. I thought it needed some color. It took me hours to clean off the crayon masterpiece.
Andrew Lewandowski was greatly influced by the work of Matt Lamb, Kelly Moore and Jay Marvin.

In his Artist Statement, Andrew Lewandoeski says:
The act of creation is one of the best qualities we human beings possess. I rely on an intuitive process. I 'look' into myself and allow whatever is there to emerge and express itself in images born in my imagination. The result is a work that is spontaneous and childlike. I use form and color to describe this inner world which is sometimes jubilant, sometimes sad, but always honest and direct.

I really love Andrew Lewandowski's paintings and think they are highly provocative and alluring. His drawings are excellent as well. Something about his style really speaks to me. In his blog he talks about his art and his life in depth. He is experiencing some difficult times at the moment. He says:

I am seeing images begin to come back and there is something in the work that calls out to me to keep going...keep drawing...keep painting. What is important is here in front of you, I sense rather than think...paint, fingers, brushes and a surface open to receive whatever you throw at it. The crack of the side walk are inviting me to take them in and let them settle in my spirit and grow there into inspritation and unconcious movements of paint as I work. Paterns in shadows cast by the trees and clouds that jump across the sky all call to me....look at us...bring us to into yourself and make us a part of you.


I think that is so beautiful.




1 Responses to “Andrew Lewandowski”

  1. Blogger ming 

    I like this picture:)

    would you take a look at my art experiment at 30dayrtist.blogspot.com

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3