This blog is all about Art, Paintings, Portraits, Sculpture, Etchings, Watercolors, Drawings and Art Classes.



Paul Andrus


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




This is called At The Fountain and it is a
Pastel print on paper.
I love the way this painting captures a certain involement with tasks that children have. The way she is standing and her posture really show me that this artist is very familiar with children.

According to his Bio, Paul Andrus is originally from New York and is now a resident of Arizona. He has studied art in both the U.S. and Europe. Trained by the Navy as an illustrator, he went on to study painting in Paris, Copenhagen, New York, and Chicago, acquiring three Master's degrees in Art in the process.

Says Paul Andrus:

Of all the places that I have lived or visited, I feel that, France was the best. French people are hard to appreciate because they have a certain taste for sincerity and higher aspirations towards life. But, once they allow you to know them they are among the happiest people that I have ever known. It was my honor to live and study in Paris for two years. Two years of painting, fencing and eating and drinking very well. I want so much to some day return and show my wife and daughter this rich land of art, literature and culture. I hope that the opportunity will present itself one day. As I have said I am married and have a 9 year old daughter that is the joy of my life and the subject of much of my work today. We ara all involved with the arts. My wife paints in watercolors and plays piano. My daughter plays violin, rides horses (English) and want to be a writer and illustrator. She is already working on her first book about little girls and horses, of course. I am a private person with few really good friends that I would call "life friends". But, I am always willing to meet a potential new friend to add to the group. So feel free to contact me if you wish. Other than all of this I hope that you enjoy my work.


Click here contact Paul Andrus.


0 Responses to “Paul Andrus”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3