This blog is all about Art, Paintings, Portraits, Sculpture, Etchings, Watercolors, Drawings and Art Classes.



Norma Nava


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




AMAZONIA - Astro catastro

Norma Nava was born near the lionĀ“s colour river, under the constellation of Virgo, in Olivos city, Vicente Lopez County, Buenos Aires, Argentina. {see biography} She says:
During my whole life I have painted abstract paintings because I think this is the way along which the pure creation goes through


This is a poem she created:

Whichever I saw, I suffered. Whatever I lived, I dreamed. Whatever I kept, I lost. How much I loved and I forgot. How much I let go. How much I did not
believe...All that I shut up...One the waters are gone and the words dries the wood returning it ashgray, in some way or rare way those things must return left at the mercy of winds, clouds of the flames....Everything what finishes, reommences.Memory, time within the time moving in different directions.


Among her long trajectory and intense life, there are 26 international poetic anthologies, a personal book of poems, 26 group exhibitions, 24 individual and 22 national and international participations in important art. (artist statement)

Here is a fabulous picture which is too big to show on this blog.


Nature is central in her work and thinking. Some paintings show her interest in cell-biology and fractals. All this is mixed in with mesoamerican symbols and geometry and that makes Norma Nava a great structuralist
. Structuralism means that it's the artist's intention to fit together a painting's details in such a way that they produce a pictorial unity. To the structuralist, meaning arises from the functional differences between the elements (signs) within the system.

I enjoy browsing though all of Norma Nava's works. She is quite a genius. You can see more of her work at Norma Nava's Gallery.


2 Responses to “Norma Nava”

  1. Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima 

    All Art is abstract.
    It depends on how you look at it.

    Hurricanes make fantastic abstract paintings.

  2. Blogger Zan 

    That's an interesting comment...

    My you have a lot of blogs!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3