This blog is all about Art, Paintings, Portraits, Sculpture, Etchings, Watercolors, Drawings and Art Classes.



Jan Skorb


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Abstract 4 by Jan Skorb

"I think that it is an expression of soul searching and times of reflection. Sometimes leaving my thoughts and go where I've never been before.I'm fascinated by the world of the human heart and soul.Searching for gates that need to be opened,with a key,or without it.Sometimes one can open them easily,because they were opened,but one has to reach them first.That's why I'm always on my way...."




Jan Skorb is a Polish artist who was born in 1958. He has been living in Chicago USA from 1991. He is an accomplished artist with successful exhibitions in Poland, Germany, Norway and United States of America. He uses different techniques like oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, photography, and computer art.

His exhibitions include:
1985-Exhibition in Poland -Belchatow
1991-Exhibition in Germany-Bergneustadt
1991-Exhibition Norway-Laerdal
1996-Exhibition Wooden Gallery Chicago USA
2003-ArtExpo-Madrid
exhibition 2004-World-Fine-Art New York 511 West 25th Street (source)

I think that Jan is very prolific and interesting. Take for instance this computer art


called "Face to Face"

Something about his art really disturbs me. I don't know what it is, but I keep looking at it to try to discover it. It isn't bleak and it isn't enthusiastically passionate. It is beautiful, but it is intellectual. It's soothing in a strange and isolated way.


0 Responses to “Jan Skorb”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3