This blog is all about Art, Paintings, Portraits, Sculpture, Etchings, Watercolors, Drawings and Art Classes.



Robert P. Hawkins


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





Robert P. Hawkins
Piscina Naturale
89cm x 116cm
Plein air of north coast of Formentera

Robert P. Hawkins is a bit of an enigma. His origins are on the Northshore of Boston, Ipswich and Gloucester.
According to this site
, he is a painter from Gloucester who was politely but firmly asked to leave and is now living and working in Paris,Fr. Baleares, Spain and Vicenza,Italy. He has been known to paint anything from cabaret dancers to sea slugs.

Well, this makes me want to find his cabaret dancer and sea slug paintings, or at least to find out why he was politely but firmly asked to leave!

He has had many shows up to 2003 in San Francisco, Paris, Vicenza Italy and Formentera, Islas Baleares, Spain.

His Artist Statement makes me laugh! Says Robert P. Hawkins:
Less said the better


Here, here~ I guess we'll just let his art speak for him then...









He also has an interesting idea of capturing images of smoke coming from smoke stacks as art. They are quite beautiful in an eerie way and a series of these paintings which you can view at his site.


Robert P. Hawkins' paintings make me feel as if I am seeing a place that I know and love once again. I am inside the painting. His work is fascinating and I hope to learn more! If anyone knows anything else about this artist, please comment!


0 Responses to “Robert P. Hawkins”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3